Reasons to Join
Our membership dues allow us to advance the profession and raise awareness of acupuncture across the state. That is not the primary reason we need the support of your membership. We work with lawmakers, businesses, and other heathcare providers to bring acupuncture to the most New Mexicans possible. The more members we represent, the stronger our negotiating power is in these situations. Membership in a professional association is the best way to make your voice heard and amplified regarding issues affecting our profession; this is the primary benefit of membership.
NMSAAM is a member of the American Society of Acupuncturists (ASA), which means that each NMSAAM member is also a member of the ASA. The ASA is the most active professional association of acupuncture and Asian medicine in the state. They have worked with national partners, including NCAAOM, CCAOM, ACAOM, and other allied health organizations. Supporting NMSAAM with your membership directly supports the ASA!
Because of the dedicated and constant efforts of the leadership of the NMSAAM , DOMs in the state of New Mexico have the best political climate to practice OM in the United States. Because of the leadership of the NMSAAM New Mexico DOMs have the very best scope of practice in the United States. New Mexico has been a leader in the regulation of the OM.
- NMSAAM is the only AOM organization representing you at our state capital during the legislative session.
- NMSAAM is the only NM AOM organization representing you at the national level working to improve the standing of our profession at that level.
- NMSAAM has cultivated positive relationships with the makers of public policy and the this state’s lawmakers.
- NMSAAM has labored steadily to help DOMs receive reimbursement from insurance companies, HMOs and injury cases. NMSAAM can help you to navigate these challenging systems.
- NMSAAM helps you increase your practitioner skills through organizing and sponsoring CEU classes Members receive a discount on these classes.
- NMSAAM members often receive discounts at conventions and otherwise from various suppliers.